Sunday, February 3, 2008

exam

EXAM
To continue on the first reading: intellectual and academic search for God by means of our everyday logic never could make me believe in God. They don’t make me sure but make new questions in my mind. However, what recently made my belief stronger was much simpler than these things. It was something that doesn’t match ordinary logics of our life as it’s the same way for most of people. I guess that the final and the most important element in our believes is the feeling making us sure that there is something in contrast with our logic and higher than imagination. For me it was ‘’ Mobius Strip ’’ that I have explained before. I want to say that believes become believes only when they are embodied. The word ‘’embody’’ suggests a sense of relaxation: when something is in your body that’s yours and that’s what gives you peace from inside. This is what our grandparents had much more. It’s the deep deep faith and mental relaxation they owned. Belief, faith, love all are embodied matters and what made Munir Fasheh’s father to be that careful and sensitive about people that just watching smokers cough prevented him from selling cigarettes even without knowing what researches has shown, it is love and the embodied faith toward people that causes attention toward them and their problems.
My second choice is ‘’Literacy in Theory and Practice’’. It wants to say that reading must be purposeful in order to recall our personal experiences and to know yourself through it better. With a purposeless reading one can’t make contact with the words. As a learner I’d like to learn how to find my experiences connected to words and as a teacher I’d like to find out how to help my students dig in their own experiences.
‘’Living dangerously’’ is an example of black and white racism in America , the wide difference between two groups of people who are similar in soul but different in color and heart. Unfortunately it seems that the human nature is to rule others when in the position of power. All over the world there are children and teenagers like this boy being sacrified. They live in big colorful cities but their part is nothing of that facilities, education and beauties. These children are in fact both in danger and dangerous. They are in danger for they are growing with no care and no investment and of course no skill, there is nobody to protect their future; and they are dangerous for they may commite illegal works.
My last choice is '' The Graves of Tarim ''. It's a nice text and I realy admire the self-confidence and the power Ahmad has not to use the beautiful clothes his brother sent him from abroad in order to use his own people's products. But I can't make contact to the part he is talking about '' people invoking God when weaving clothes but the foreign ones are made by unbelievers''. I don't think it is that important that the clothemaker is a religious one or not and no doubt that everybody has some believes and somehow faithful to God. However, if my students like talking about it, I'd love to.

sarvenaz kargahi

No comments: