Monday, December 17, 2007

* Summary of Oliver Twist

Oliver's mother dies when he is born and he is brought up in a workhouse. His first years are cold and lonely and then he runs away to London. But he falls into the hands of Fagin and the terrifying Bill Sykes. They try to turn Oliver into a criminal .Will he escapes to find a better life?

About Dickens

As a child ,Dickens endured the harsh conditions of poetry .his family was imprisoned for debt and Dickens was forced to work in a factory at age 12 .These experiences haunted him for the rest of his life .if you pay attention to his stories ,you can understand that in most of his stories he talks about a boy who has many difficulties in his life but at the end he will succeed .I think Dickens experiences during his childhood make him write in this way .before reading this book I just thought that he just thinks about negative points of life but after finishing his book ,I understand that he shows the surface of his stories negatively but if I go deeper in his stories ,I really feel positive points in his stories ,I really feel hope because in his idea ,I think being successful after having many problems is much more valuable . About his grammar and language, I can say in most of the times he used past tense(ed) but when I read the story,I feel present , I mean although in appearance it is s.th that finished in the past but when I read, I feel that it happens now, cause in some parts I really feel myself instead of that boy. Then I start to cry because I feel that pain and I remember a boy that lives near our house somehow with these problems.
In this story, Oliver provides insight into the experiences of the poor and his experiences demonstrate the legal silence and invisibility of the poor.

*
Here is a point that really affects me:

I believe that all the human beings are created with pure soul and all of them are innocent, but our activities during our lives can have both positive and negative influence on our lives. The thing that was really interesting for me was that although Oliver had many problems in his life but he did not want to commit a sin, he didn’t want to do s.th wrong.
Problems which he had were enough to destroy his pure inner life. But he just considered the beauty of being innocent so he tolerated all of the problems and finally he could be successful in his life and throughout the novel, Oliver's virtuous nature survives the unbelievable misery of his situation.

*Don’t worry…..

If you think you have done something wrong, don’t worry, you have time to return to your pureness' myself when I do something wrong, I try to justify myself but actually no problems can justify your sin.



TRY TO BE WHITE SAME AS THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR CREATION



By: Zahra Hatami

No comments: