Monday, December 17, 2007

Hamlet

Summary of Hamlet by William Shakespeare

Hamlet is the son of the late king Hamlet (of Denmark), who died two months before the start of the play. After King Hamlet's death, his brother, Claudius, becomes king, and marries King Hamlet's widow, Gertrude (Queen of Denmark).Young Hamlet fears that Claudius killed his own brother (Hamlets' father) to become king of Denmark. Two officers and later Hamlet himself saw the late king Hamlets ghost appear at midnight .The ghost tells Hamlet privately that Claudius had indeed murdered King Hamlet by pouring poison in his ear .Hamlet is decided to revenge his fathers death.

About Shakespeare

He has a critical view of life ,so he likes to write about tragedy. In his criticism, revenge and murder are as central targets and in Hamlet there are many contrasts and conflicts.
But honestly , I don’t like his way of writing, of course I think I have this idea of him, cause I compare him with Dickens and other writers .Shakespeare uses old English so understanding it is somehow difficult for me but I like the content of this story but I don’t like his language .I think his language is unfamiliar to me.






BY: Zahra Hatami

No comments: